Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

Request SmartSTB workaround?

Ian

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advertiser
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Website
nwgroup.net
After reading a couple of threads in this Samsung Smart TV forum I realise now that there are more options that what Samsung has too offer in their poor excuse of an App Store.

However while learning about IPTV and more so how I can better integrate it into my daily life and the lives of my friends and family to save money but have all the juice. I stumbled across the SmartSTB application (Firstly on a Toshiba device hidden inside an appstore within their appstore.) on the Samsung Smart TV.

Recently finding out this is the software which makes MAG devices so successful due too the easy use nature of the setup I was intrigued in a way which made me think that this may be a great option for family and friends of mine who have similar Smart TV functionality but lack the general know-how of driving other technology such as a FireTV which is affordable. Some key members of my famiy struggle to change the source input on their TV never mind drive a FireTV/IPTV app.

Upon further investigation I soon realised that the SmartSTB is simply an emulates version of the software found on MAG devices and that there are a tonne of different STB emulation projects across many platforms.

However the 'SmartSTB' application for SmartTV's is a paid service unlike many other platforms STB emulation software. They do offer a 7-day trial which I did try along side a 24hr IPTV Line from my Provider and it worked great, not an issue I could see with my noob-eye. However they offer a pricing plan which is a bit questionable to me as they charge in the region of £28 for a 'Lifetime' licence and have other plans which are charged monthly which seems absurd.

I wandered due to reading posts by the likes of @redhat who had been in contact with the developers of SmartIPTV and written about being able to simple install the application from USB Flash Drive - can this be done with SmartSTB?

Of course the answer is yes - if you have the package for the app to put onto the USB, but are there ways of ripping the software off the SmartTV/Appstore and if-so... are we able to edit it in a way to work arround the licencing?

Thanks for taking the time to read and if you have an input on the topic, please feel free to reapond!

Appreciated!
- Ian.

SteInvictus

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
After reading a couple of threads in this Samsung Smart TV forum I realise now that there are more options that what Samsung has too offer in their poor excuse of an App Store.

However while learning about IPTV and more so how I can better integrate it into my daily life and the lives of my friends and family to save money but have all the juice. I stumbled across the SmartSTB application (Firstly on a Toshiba device hidden inside an appstore within their appstore.) on the Samsung Smart TV.

Recently finding out this is the software which makes MAG devices so successful due too the easy use nature of the setup I was intrigued in a way which made me think that this may be a great option for family and friends of mine who have similar Smart TV functionality but lack the general know-how of driving other technology such as a FireTV which is affordable. Some key members of my famiy struggle to change the source input on their TV never mind drive a FireTV/IPTV app.

Upon further investigation I soon realised that the SmartSTB is simply an emulates version of the software found on MAG devices and that there are a tonne of different STB emulation projects across many platforms.

However the 'SmartSTB' application for SmartTV's is a paid service unlike many other platforms STB emulation software. They do offer a 7-day trial which I did try along side a 24hr IPTV Line from my Provider and it worked great, not an issue I could see with my noob-eye. However they offer a pricing plan which is a bit questionable to me as they charge in the region of £28 for a 'Lifetime' licence and have other plans which are charged monthly which seems absurd.

I wandered due to reading posts by the likes of @redhat who had been in contact with the developers of SmartIPTV and written about being able to simple install the application from USB Flash Drive - can this be done with SmartSTB?

Of course the answer is yes - if you have the package for the app to put onto the USB, but are there ways of ripping the software off the SmartTV/Appstore and if-so... are we able to edit it in a way to work arround the licencing?

Thanks for taking the time to read and if you have an input on the topic, please feel free to reapond!

Appreciated!
- Ian.

Its a really solid app for users of lesser known model of TV my personal preference for Samsung is nanomid while the lifetime licence is cheaper and a better picture quality than smart STB this is my go to for Samsung tvs from 2014 onwards! If smart STB is available on other TV models its always a good go to rather that SIPTV

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

JackFack

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Very interesting topic! Maybe you can get the smartstb package if you root your tizen tv with sammygo? I know the newer tvs aren't rootable but with an old tizen tv you can maybe grab the package with ssh and mod it. If somebody has old tizen tv it would be great to test and see what the package looks like.

Starkey

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
i , and a few of my people have the smart stb app , as mentioned above it really is a solid app , im yet to have any issue with it.
another good feature of the app is that you have the option to transfer your licence to another compatible tv if you ever have to change it for whatever reason.
ive been using it for about 4 years if that helps , i think 27 dollars is a bargain price , considering the latest mag devices are around £70 , which ive seen a few fry within 2 years of use

1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

iptvayr

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
You said you bought the app, you could possible create a caching proxy between your TV and the internet to get the download without root accessing the TV.

Ive not personally done his but have did something similar with reverse proxying the steam server for a LAN party.

The basics of it is that the device that is routed through the caching reverse proxy downloads the file from the internet, the caching server keeps a copy of the files on the server for a period of time to serve to other clients under the same network to save bandwidth.

you could possibly extract the file from the caching server.

after a quick search on google found this if you decide to do this to get the file.

Starkey

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
if you look at it from a supplier/reseller point of view , the above COULD be very confusing for the end user especially if they are not tech savvy
but an interesting post thanks

iptvayr

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
if you look at it from a supplier/reseller point of view , the above COULD be very confusing for the end user especially if they are not tech savvy
but an interesting post thanks
Aplogies I could have been clearer.

This is to capture the file 1 time and use that file for installing via usb if its at all possible (I dont use smart tvs)

In addition to having the app you could then unpack it and null the app.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock