Welcome to World of IPTV

With

+23k members
+11k threads
+106k posts

we are the most popular IPTV community on the web. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:
WE HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED THAT TOO MANY DOUBLE FAKE ACCOUNTS ARE CREATED IN THE PAST.
TO PREVENT THIS ISSUE THE DECISION WAS MADE THAT IN THE FUTURE A ANNUALLY FEE 20 EURO WILL BE RAISED FOR NEW MEMBERSHIPS.

Join now to the World of IPTV

Forum Rules

Before you start, check out the forum rules first

Account upgrade

Upgrade your account to get access to full features

Advertising

Would you like to place your advertisement with us ?

Resources Manager

Hundreds of IPTV scripts and apps are available for download

MAG/Enigma boxes - Do people still use this?

vtmedia

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just starting/restarting in this world and wonder if these MAG boxes and Enigma boxes are still in use?
I thnk firestick or mi tv box would be a lot easier to setup, right? I have seen a MAG box and interface looks 20 years old (tbh I dont even know what Enigma is)

Can anyone give any insight or any other tips?

Many Thanks

smartpc

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just starting/restarting in this world and wonder if these MAG boxes and Enigma boxes are still in use?
I thnk firestick or mi tv box would be a lot easier to setup, right? I have seen a MAG box and interface looks 20 years old (tbh I dont even know what Enigma is)

Many Thanks
Enigma2 still going strong mag also but starting to fade out........PM me for more info

Ian

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advertiser
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Website
nwgroup.net
I still have a couple of Enigma2 boxes arround (ZgemmaH2.S using WilloBuild with IPTV), I have family members wiyh MAG boxes who swear by them because of the ease of use. I prefer my box too look as close to SKY as possible however I also have FireSticks in the house and I use apps like LTQ or STBEmu (one to look Sky-ish and one to emulate STB software on MAG boxes).

Enigma2 boxes were OP when cardsharing was a major thing because you could just hook up to satelite, pay a small Line fee as you do with IPTV and have full access too Sky or Virgin

So honestly all in all it comes down to affordability and useability. They still work with FTA channels ofcourse and Im sure there are work arrounds to grab Sky channels from maybe the Netherlands Satelites instead of Astra28E.

The box I have doesnt have Cable support for Virgin but there are a veriety of different boxes, Just satelite, just cable or both. Varying costs also but check them out, Search Zgemma on google and browse over their site.

I prefer the Enigma2's usablility over anything else but some times its not always an option for people. FireSticks are affordable and cost as much as the SmartSTB app found on SmartTV's which is again an emulator for the software found on MAG boxes and works in the same way.

But again its worth stressing that its quite easy to edit a premium APK to work with your IPTV provider if your provider doesnt offer one already and use something like Apps2Fire on your Android phone to remotely install the APK onto the FireStick ready to go.

If anyone has information on cardsharing for SKY UK please let me know as I'd like to know whats going on with that and how people have been working arround it - is it still a viable option for UK viewers?

Channels MatchTime Unblock CDN Offshore Server Contact
100 cnx / 90€ 5Gbps / 180€ 48CPU-256GRAM 10Gbps 569€ Skype live:giefsl
500 cnx / 350€ 10Gbps / 350€ 48CPU-128GRAM 5Gbps / 349€ TG @changglobize
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

smartpc

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
I still have a couple of Enigma2 boxes arround (ZgemmaH2.S using WilloBuild with IPTV), I have family members wiyh MAG boxes who swear by them because of the ease of use. I prefer my box too look as close to SKY as possible however I also have FireSticks in the house and I use apps like LTQ or STBEmu (one to look Sky-ish and one to emulate STB software on MAG boxes).

Enigma2 boxes were OP when cardsharing was a major thing because you could just hook up to satelite, pay a small Line fee as you do with IPTV and have full access too Sky or Virgin

So honestly all in all it comes down to affordability and useability. They still work with FTA channels ofcourse and Im sure there are work arrounds to grab Sky channels from maybe the Netherlands Satelites instead of Astra28E.

The box I have doesnt have Cable support for Virgin but there are a veriety of different boxes, Just satelite, just cable or both. Varying costs also but check them out, Search Zgemma on google and browse over their site.

I prefer the Enigma2's usablility over anything else but some times its not always an option for people. FireSticks are affordable and cost as much as the SmartSTB app found on SmartTV's which is again an emulator for the software found on MAG boxes and works in the same way.

But again its worth stressing that its quite easy to edit a premium APK to work with your IPTV provider if your provider doesnt offer one already and use something like Apps2Fire on your Android phone to remotely install the APK onto the FireStick ready to go.

If anyone has information on cardsharing for SKY UK please let me know as I'd like to know whats going on with that and how people have been working arround it - is it still a viable option for UK viewers?
Love your input , keep it up ......what's best app/program to edit a apk to add my dns , I've never done this b4, thanks

makeitso

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score

Took over 5 years to get sly Italy back on cardshare don't hold your breath on UK the guys that first did the cccam are big time in to iptv so there in no mad rush to get a fix.

Reactions: Ian
1000 cnx / 500€ 20Gbps / 700€ 40CPU-128GRAM 20Gbps / €980 http://coronaserver.com

urgodfather

Banned
Banned
Ext. Member
Reaction score
@Ian while everything you said is for the most part spot on, i would suggest getting away from fireshits. they are like the cockroach of all android devices. it's not even real android. just a fork of an outdated version, hence it being called fireos.

why do i think they are the cockroach of all android devices? because they are everywhere! because of them, their cheap price, ease of use, and high availability, they literally doomed the kodi community (especially the third party community). youtube clickbaiters, fakebook junkies, craigslist scum, etc they all played their part all for a quick buck.

rockchip based devices is better than that and rockchip is literally the cheapest crap on the market.

@vtmedia yes people still use enigma and mag. mag is literally the go to choice for a simple to use STB. enigma on the other hand, is quite powerful and can do a lot of things, but those communities dont care too much for the iptv communities (from what i have seen).

Invisible_Dawn

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Many Thanks

Hello ,

Of course , MAG351 / 420 or Vu+ Zero 4K ( Enigma ) still rocking !!!

@ LeoNewman , go for MAG420

vtmedia

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
wow, thx for the insight guys

@Ian LTQ looks good! is there one with a netflx skin? kinda prefer that tbh
`and AppleTV is this a nogo? clients wll only be jailbreakers right? nvm, seen a few non jb apps

mi box $45 mag420 $120 is it really that much better?

alot of questions!?

ancisom19

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Hi
I use only Enigma 2 Boxes because i use CS too, i have Octagon SF 8008 4K, SF Octagon 4008 4K and Gigablue 800 UE V2, the Gigablue Decoder its not so good, but they other 2 a very strong for me.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advertiser
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Website
nwgroup.net
mi box $45 mag420 $120 is it really that much better?

alot of questions!?
Im not sure about the specs of each of the devices so wouldnt be able to make a good call on which too use but tbh, if there turns out too me not so significant different in the specs then go for the cheapest option.

Im not sure about a Netflix skin for LTQ though there is quite possibly one for XCIPTV, Im not sure but just try searching it on the forums or ask arround in the Discord.

vtmedia

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
@vtmedia yes people still use enigma and mag. mag is literally the go to choice for a simple to use STB. enigma on the other hand, is quite powerful and can do a lot of things, but those communities dont care too much for the iptv communities (from what i have seen).

oh? enigma community is totally different? i guess thats why ive only come across it since coming on here

or do you mean linux community?

Ian

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advertiser
Ext. Member
Reaction score
Website
nwgroup.net
oh? enigma community is totally different? i guess thats why ive only come across it since coming on here
or do you mean linux community?

There is a whole different community (quite large) built around Enigma (among other Linux devices.) where people develop nice Skins, Plugins, entire Builds. They're nice.

vtmedia

Extended Member
Ext. Member
Reaction score
oh ok, what should i google to find those?
world of enigma? ??

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
AdBlock Detected

We know, ad-blocking software do a great job at blocking ads. But our site is sponsored by advertising. 

For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.
You can create a Account with us or if you already have account, you can prefer an Account Upgrade.

I've Disabled AdBlock